Fun Creative Kindergarten
Fun Creative Anglo-Chinese Nursery
Points to Note Regarding on admission to K1 and Nursery classes in the 2023/24 school year
Philosophy of Admission:
The kindergarten has been providing child care services in the district for more than four years. It situated in a quiet and spacious environment, provides an ideal learning environment for young children. Fun Creative committees enhance children’s “Unlimited Creativity and Potential for Development”, promoting “No one left behind” and the spirit of “Multiculturalism”, provides parents with fair and just criteria for reasonable admission. The guidelines are as follows:
Collection of Application Forms (No quota):
- Application forms will start dispatching from June 18, 2022 (Monday)
- Parents are welcome to collect the application form anytime based on their needs.
- Obtain from school in person (The opening hours: Mon – Fri 9:00am to 5:00pm & Sat 9:00am to 1:00pm) or download it from school website
Submission of Application Forms (No set quota for the kindergarten):
- Period: from June 18, 2022 (Monday)
- Time: Mon – Fri 9:00am to 5:00pm & Sat 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Submission Method: Submit the application form in person (together with the documents required)
- Application Fee: HK$40 (to be collected together with the application form)
*The application fee and application form are non-returnable whether the application is successful or not.
- If you successfully hand in all the required documents, the school will arrange individual / group interview according to the situation.
- The school can arrange interpretation or translation service for applicants as necessary, or allow parents and children to be accompanied by a Chinese speaking relative / friend during the interview to facilitate communication.
- The phone number for Non-Chinese speaking parents: 2702 7838 and for email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please contact our head teacher Ms. Ginny Wong)
Application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” (Only for K1 Applicants)
- Under the kindergarten education scheme (Scheme), each child who can receive education in Hong Kong will only be issued a registration document and all Scheme-KGs can only admit students holding a valid registration document.
- Parents are required to submit an application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” (hereafter referred to as “RC”) to EDB from September to November 2022. The “RC” will be open for applications in September 2020 and EDB will announce and upload the details of application onto EDB’s website in due course. Upon receipt of the applications with all necessary information and documents provided, EDB will generally take six to eight weeks to complete processing of the applications and issue the “RC” to applicants who are eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme by post. If a student cannot obtain an “RC” as he/she can receive education in Hong Kong but is not eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme1 , EDB will then issue a “Kindergarten Admission Pass” (hereafter referred to as “AP”) to the student concerned for registration and admission to a Scheme-KG but the parents concerned are required to pay full school fees before deduction of subsidy under the Scheme as shown on the Fees Certificate of the KG to which the child is admitted.
*Upon obtaining permission from the Director of Immigration, non-local children (such as children holding a form of recognizance, children whose parent(s) is/are holding a student visa, etc.) can receive education in Hong Kong but they are not eligible for subsidy under the
Age: The kindergarten will not give priority to children who born in first few months of the year. For K1 applicants, as long as they were born before 31st December 2020, they all have have equal opportunities.
Limited school place: As the number of school places is limited, priority of consideration will be given to:
- Sibling(/s) of the applicant is(/are) currently studying in Fun Creative Kindergarten
- Parents of the applicant are both working will be given due priority consideration when applying for whole-day classes
- The applicant who is from families in need will be given due priority of consideration when applying for whole-day classes
- Applicant(/s) who are currently studying in Fun Creative Anglo-Chinese Nursery and their learning performance
Different culture: The kindergarten promotes multiculturalism and embraces children of different ethnicities to integrate into school life.
In the admission criteria, the kindergarten will also adopt children of different races and nationalities based on the non-violation of the Race Discrimination Ordinance and the spirit of “No one left behind”. To cater for the needs of children of different ethnicities, the kindergarten curriculum provides Chinese and English translation notices and assessment materials in English, so that children and parents can integrate
into campus life.
- Parents will be informed in writing (letter will be sent to the given address by post) of the results of K1 application for before December 16, 2022.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be put on the waiting list. If there is a vacancy, it will be allocated to the applicants on the waiting list accordingly.
- The kindergarten will assist any registered application who needs to get back the Registration Certificate due to re-locating or giving-up on the school place for other reasons.
- Successful applicants: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child in January 2023
[“Centralized Registration Dates” are 5 to 7 January 2023 (Thursday to Saturday) ] by submitting the “RC” / “AP” to the kindergarten and paying the registration fee.
- Applicants on the waiting list: If there is a vacancy offer to applicant who is on the waiting list, Their parents should complete the registration procedures for their child according to the specified date set by the school. Parents are required to submit the “RC” / “AP” to the kindergarten and pay the registration fee.
- Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the “RC” / “AP” during registration, the kindergarten may not be able to complete the registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to submit application for the registration document to EDB within the specified period.
- The registration fee for half-day is HK$970, full day is HK$1570 in 2022/23 school year. The fee will be refunded one month after the student was enrolled. Should parents decided to change school after registration, parents need to notify the school in writing, the school will return the “RC”/ “AP” but the registration fee will not be refunded. Once the “RC”/ “AP” was returned to the parents, the school will not reserve a place for the child.
Please refer to the hyperlink from EDB for more information
Admission Arrangements for Nursery (K1) Classes in Kindergartens for the 2023/24 School Year
Profile of Kindergartens and Kindergarten-cum-Child Care Centres